Looking for a job? Check out the openings below.
Chamber members, have a job to post? Please submit the form at the bottom of this page.
Job Title: Broadband Specialist I
Company Name: Mediacom Communications
Mediacom is looking to hire Broadband Specialists (Installers) in the Elko/New Market community! If you enjoy technology and serving your community, you’ll love Mediacom. Along with that rewarding feeling, you’ll be given the Power to Succeed in your career while enjoying ongoing training and a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to your needs. You’ll find all sorts of advantages to joining the Mediacom team including:
-Company provided vehicle and gas card!
-Paid on-the-job training and opportunity to promote!
-Company provided tools, tablet, and phone!
-Full-time with Medical, Dental, Vision!
-Paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid flex PTO!
-Pay increases through self-guided study!
-Monthly bonus potential!
-Generous employee discount on services!
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician), you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable television and broadband services. You’ll drive a company van, go into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our customers. You’ll also learn and perform a variety of duties including installation, changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any special requests customers may have regarding installation.
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Works with connectors, fasteners, and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through the use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap, and climbers), ladders, or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” online as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options, sales campaigns and promotions.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked-out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
• Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
• High school diploma or GED required; trade school training preferred.
• Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
• General level of mechanical and consumer devices knowledge
• Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
• Strenuous – Physical effort represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.
Mediacom is proud to have received the following recognition: “2022 & 2021 Best Managed Companies,” “2019 Best Company for Women to Work,” “2017 Best Company for People of Color and Women to Work,” and “Content & Connectivity Human Resources (C2HR)’s 2021 Social Impact Award”
Mediacom is an EOE m/f/d/v
KEYWORDS: Broadband Specialist, Installer, Technical Operations, Technician, Cable, Construction, Labor, Telecom, Internet, Install, Home Security, Xtream, Fiber, Copper
Apply directly online at this link: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=46&rid=16654
City of position: Elko/ New Market – Reporting to the Waseca, MN OfficeApplication Due Date:30/09/2022
Contact Name: Alyssa Rands
Now Hiring: Quality Technician I
Assists production personnel with technical questions, inspection equipment, QCPs, blueprint reading, and written instructions; creates operator inspection sheets; serves as an inspector in all areas of production; uses inspection data to create ISIRs and First Article Inspections. Off Shift Bonuses! Shift differential of 20%, 3 weeks of vacation, Benefits starting 1st of the month, Safety Boots, Prescription Safety Glasses, and Hearing Protection discounts, Discounted Stock, 401(k) match, Tuition Reimbursement, Up to $2,700 HSA BTD contribution, Short Term, Long Term, Accident, and Critical Illness insurance. Please proceed to our website to complete your online application with BTD directly at:
City of Position: Lakeville, MN
Application Due Date: 06/03/2022
Contact Name: Abbie
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone Number: 9524699941
Kids’ Company is hiring for our full-day summer programming for children ages 3.5 to entering Grade 8.
Our full-day summer programs are filled with fun and excitement and are perfect job opportunities for those who have experience working with children, are team players, and are flexible. Kids Company is looking for hard-working individuals to work as activity leads, assistants, and student assistants. A
Apply using the links below:
Activity Leads: https://newprague.tedk12.com/hire/viewjob.aspx?JobID=2004
Assistants & Greeters: https://newprague.tedk12.com/hire/viewjob.aspx?JobID=2003
Student Assistants: https://newprague.tedk12.com/hire/viewjob.aspx?JobID=2002
Marek’s Towing and Repair Auto Mechanic – Full Time
Family-run, third-generation towing and automotive repair shop located in Lakeville, Minnesota. We have been proudly serving our community since 1961. We are a medium volume facility with three bays. We are looking to add 1-2 mechanics to our team depending on availability and experience. We have a strong customer base of repeat and lifelong customers.
● 3+ years of automotive repair experience
● Team orientated with a positive attitude
● Capable of diagnosing and repairing any and all types of vehicles
● Focused on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
● Efficient worker
● Perform a wide range of automotive repairs
● Accurately diagnose customer repairs
● Honestly examine vehicles and build a detailed estimate of necessary repairs
● Communicate effectively and courteously with customers
● Address any concerns from customers and communicate with them about the vehicle needs
● Maintain Professionalism
● Keep shop in clean, working order
● Must have your own tools
● Must be willing to work 40 hours per week
● Be able to work with tools on vehicles lifted above their head
● Work in tight spaces as dictated by the vehicle’s needed repairs
● Have the dexterity in order to use hand tools efficiently
● Ability to walk/stand the majority of the day
● Competitive wage (hourly $x or commission based)
● Paid Time Off
● Paid Holiday
Dick’s Sanitation is hiring.
Please visit our website below for openings.
Unbelievable Pay! $7,000 Stay On Bonus for Drivers and Mechanics! Excellent Benefits! Great company!
Community Relations Officer – New Prague & Waseca | Careers
Life-Changing Careers Start here jobs.mayoclinic.org
Mayo Clinic is the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research, and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development, and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Dick’s Sanitation is looking for drivers, mechanics, customer service people and more.
Call us today @ (952) 469-2239
New Prague Area Schools
Custodian – Full Time Positions – Benefits: New Prague Area Schools offers competitive pay and benefits packages with a motivating work atmosphere where you can make a difference! We take great pride in our schools and support our mission to follow the “New Prague Way”, by Doing What’s Right, Committing to Excellence, and Showing People You Care. Living up to the “New Prague Way” is part of every employee’s job description.
Come and join our team!