Looking for a job? Check out the openings below.
Chamber members, have a job to post? Please submit the form at the bottom of this page.
Scott County Historical Society open positions:
- Curator of Collections (approx. 20 hours/week, flexible)- The curator is responsible for SCHS collection management and related activities that fit the mission and focus of SCHS. Work is performed with technical independence under the general direction of the executive director. BA (MA preferred) in museum studies, history, or related field, and two years experience in a museum, historical society, or equivalent organization.
- Administrative Assistant (approx. 20 hours/week) – The administrative assistant is responsible for contact database management, communications – including website, social media, and SCHS newsletter, volunteer coordination, and staffing the front desk. Work is performed with technical independence under the general direction of the executive director. Bachelors degree from a college or university with a degree in communications, public history / history, or related field, and two years demonstrated experience in a museum, historical society, or equivalent organization, which reveals ability to work with the public, OR equivalent work experience and education to satisfactorily perform the duties.
- Exhibit Developer (contract) – The Historical Society is seeking a highly qualified exhibit developer (contractor) to research, write, design and install a sports exhibit titled “Play Ball: Sports in Scott County.” First consideration given to proposals received by 5 p.m., Friday February 9, 2018. Contractor is expected to be selected between February 12 -16, 2018. Projected start is February 20, 2018, and concludes September 30, 2018. The contractor will receive up to $9,500 in compensation, plus mileage and approved expenses. More information.
- Program Manager (contract) – The Historical Society is seeking a highly qualified program manager (contractor) to develop and deliver public programs, including the Kids Kraft program, field trips and tours, events featuring relevant speakers, participation in summer festivals, and programming to fulfill the Legacy Trunk Grant. First consideration given to proposals received by 5 p.m., Friday, February 9, 2018. More information.
The Scott County Historical Society operates the Stans Museum in Shakopee. Opened in 1995, the museum includes exhibit galleries, collections, research library, and museum store. SCHS also operates the Museum Garden and 1908 Stans House at the same location. Shakopee is approximately 25 miles southwest of Minneapolis just off Highways 169 and 101.
For more information, or to submit cover letter, resume, and references contact: Executive Director, Scott County Historical Society, 235 South Fuller St. Shakopee, MN 55379; call 952-445-0378, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schmitty & Sons, a diverse, employee-owned transportation company, with over 60 years of experience, provides safe, reliable transportation. It’s currently hiring for:
- Get paid $$ to travel!
- 10- 40 hours per week, AM and/or PM rush hour route(s).
- Year round employment
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Paid Training
- Experience Pay
- Part time routes starting at $21 per hour including bonus
- Health, dental, vision
Full-time Diesel Technician/ Mechanic
Schmitty & Sons’ fleet maintenance program is the best in the industry. Its continual drive to provide quality service and maintenance begins with hiring quality, experienced diesel technicians. With a large inventory of parts and tools, repairs are made the right way, every time. It does not cut corners for its clients or its employees. Safety is its number one priority; it expects only the highest standard of work from its technicians and it continually strives to deliver the best in return.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- At least one year of previous experience as an automotive or diesel mechanic and/or schooling.
- Experience in using, repairing and installing:
- Mobile HVAC Systems
- Heavy duty suspension
- Air Brakes
- Electrical Systems
- ASE certifications
- Computer diagnostics
- Hard working, adaptable and ready to work with a team
Schmitty & Sons offers mechanics a variety of benefits, including :
- Competitive Pay
- Specialty tools
- Laptop computers
- Health Insurance
- Continued training
- Retirement Program with match
- Modern repair facilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Shift bonus / incentives
Visit www.schmittyandsons.com to apply online or stop by to apply in person today. For questions, call 952-985-7506. Schmitty & Sons, 22750 Pillsbury Avenue, Lakeville, MN 55044